Communication Techniques for the Technical Professional in a Multicultural Environment
Instructor(s): Denise Brown , Dr. Jeff Schaffer
Course Length: 2 Days
Our world is changing and rapidly becoming more interconnected via the Internet, telephone and air travel. Through all of the changes, some cultural traits stay the same and others change. In order to keep up with these traditions, as well as changes, we need to constantly be aware of our co-workers, customers, employees and management teams living and working in other cultures.
A person’s perception is formed in their early years from their culture. Think of how much easier it would be if we understood each other clearly and communicated with fewer problems due to cultural differences.
As one of the most frequently requested seminars, our customers are quite pleased with the specific techniques provided by this course. Participants walk away with a deeper understanding of the different perceptions of other cultures visiting/working in the United States. This course is also a must for all Americans who work abroad. This is a must-have course for anyone working with multicultural environments!
- Cross-cultural communication
- Practical application of techniques to succeed in today’s fast-paced, technical environments
- Varied perceptions of business etiquette in different countries and their impact when working in the United States
- Negotiating techniques with other countries
- Communication Styles for Multinational Environments
- Managing Perceptions
- Cognitive Styles of Processing Information
- Communicating with Difficult People
- Lack of Communication: Consequences for Time Lines
- Too Much Communication: Meetings
- Basic Negotiating Techniques
- Understand the Players
- Sweeten the Deal!
- Reminders for Negotiating/Communicating with:
- Analyzing Other Styles
- Turning a Lose/Lose into a Win/Win
- Pressure Points: What to Do
- Conflict Management