Project Management: Building a Solid Foundation
Instructor(s): Denise Brown
Course Length: 3 Days
HOW YOU BENEFIT...
- Gain knowledge of essential tools of Project Management according to the Project Management Institute (PMI) standards
- Apply theory of Project Management and its application to the daily realities of working in a cross-functional environment.
Significant achievement is made within this course through interactive, real-life case studies. Assessments are conducted to assist each person in ‘mapping back’ the learned theory to reality. This course will enable each person to:
- Develop solid organizational as well as documentation skills.
- Have an understanding of how to efficiently apply process and procedures in a project environment for large and small projects.
- Customize documents/templates for efficient use of time while attempting to meet deadlines.
Overview of Project Management
- Managing Perceptions
- Standards from PMI
- When to Use Project Management
- Most Important Component to Project Management
- Project Charter
- Scope Definition Document
Project Managment Life Cycles
- Initiate Phase
- Planning Phase
- Controlling/Monitoring Phase
- Execute Phase
- Close Phase
- How to Apply Phases to Your Work Routine
Overview of Team Building
- Responsibilities Defined
- Project Manager; Team Members and Senior Management Responsibilities in a project environment
- Teams in a Multi-Project Environment
- Conflict Management Guidelines
- When Teams Report to Peers: What to Do?
Planning & Scheduling
- When to Use a Project Plan
- Project Plan Templates: These Will Save Your Day!
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Managing by Milestones
- Resource Skills Inventory List
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Identifying Project Risks
- Follow Up: What to Do After the Course