Project Quality Management
Instructor(s): Denise Brown
Course Length: 1 Day
Quality is ultimately defined by the customer, and represents how close the project and deliverables come to meeting the customer's requirements and expectations.
An effective quality management process leads to increased client satisfaction, enhanced reputation, and most notably, a decrease in the cost of producing the product. There is a cost associated with producing products that do not meet quality expectations. There is also a cost to implementing a quality management process.
This course is about developing an effective quality management process that ensures the benefits outweigh the costs over the life of the project. You will be able to...
- Identify metrics to indicate the level of process and product quality
- Develop a Quality Management Plan with quality assurance/control activities
- Explain the basic concepts of quality
- Discuss the value of process-driven quality management
- Understand the difference between quality control and quality assurance
- Recognize the organizational characteristics needed to support an overall quality program
- Overview and Background
- Definition and Value of Quality
- The Quality Management Process
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Metrics and Process Improvement
- The Quality Plan
- Organizational Support for Quality